1. WHERE DOES CONTENTO'S PROVIDE SERVICE?
Contento’s services all Cortland County and Tompkins Counties in New York. We sometimes provide services in other neighboring counties as well. To find out if Contento’s services your county, please speak with a customer service representative at (607) 753-8136. You can also submit our online Customer Request form and a customer service representative will contact you within the hour during business hours (Mon-Fri, 7am-2pm).
2. HOW DO I REQUEST A SWITCH OUT OF A FULL CONTAINER OR DELIVERY OF AN EMPTY CONTAINER?
To request a switch out or removal of a container from our site, please speak with a customer service representative at (607) 753-8136 or submit our online, Container Request/Removal form. You must put in a request to have your container serviced or removed.
3. WHAT SIZE ROLL-OFF CONTAINERS CAN I ORDER?
Roll-Off containers are available in 10, 20, and 30 cubic yard sizes. Please see the Roll-Off Container page for their dimensions.
4. HOW MUCH MATERIAL CAN I PUT IN MY CONTAINER?
Containers are generally priced with a tonnage limit. Exceeding the contract limit may incur additional charges. Containers can be filled to the top of the sidewall and must be able to be covered with a tarp.
5. ARE THERE ITEMS I CANNOT PUT IN MY ROLL-OFF CONTAINER?
Containers that are contracted for a specific material, such as concrete, unadulterated wood or sheet rock can only be that type of material; otherwise you will be charged with a contamination fee. Containers contracted for mixed construction and demolition debris have certain restrictions as follows:
- No food of any kind
- No household hazardous waste- no chemicals, bleach, nothing liquid
- Refrigerators and air conditioners must be properly drained of their Freon and tagged
- Nothing under pressure- no propane tanks or aerosol cans
- No fluorescent bulbs or their fixtures
- Paints or stains must be dried out
- Tires and CRT computer and television monitors are an extra charge, per piece, based on size
6. WHAT ARE MY PAYMENT OPTIONS?
Contento’s accepts Cash, NYS Checks, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
7. WHAT IF I NEED TO KEEP MY CONTAINER LONGER?
There is an additional charge for keeping your container longer than designated in your contract. Please contact customer service to determine the charge that will be based on the length of time you wish to extend your contract. Contact Us.
8. WILL THE CONTAINER DAMAGE MY DRIVEWAY?
Contento’s makes every effort to protect your property. Our drivers will place the container on plywood to prevent your driveway from being damaged. However, by entering into a contract with Contento’s the customer affirms that any right-of-way provided by the customer for the roll-off container is sufficient to bear the weight of all the equipment required to deliver it. If the driver determines that customer’s desired container placement may cause damage to the customer’s property, the customer will be asked to sign a damage waiver. Stating that the customer assumes all liabilities for any damage incurred.
9. CAN I PUT THE CONTAINER ON THE STREET?
Please check with your municipality. Placing the container on the street is often allowed but may require a permit from the local municipality.
10. HOW FAR IN ADVANCED DO I NEED TO PLACE AN ORRDER?
Generally, a week’s notice is needed for container delivery, though Contento’s can often provide quicker turn around. Please be aware that we cannot guarantee delivery times.
11. WHAT IF THE DRIVER ARRIVES FOR A DELIVERY OR REMOVAL AND I AM NOT READY?
Containers are only picked up at the request of the customer. We cannot guarantee pick up times, but they are usually done within 24 hours. Once the call is made to have the container serviced, the customer must provide unobstructed access to the container. There is a blocked charge added to the bill if necessary.
12. IS IT NECESSARY FOR SOMEONE TO BE ONSITE WHEN MY CONTAINER IS DELIVERED OR REMOVED?
It is not necessary for someone to be onsite when the container is removed; however, the customer must provide unobstructed access to the container on the pick-up day. If the container is not accessible, additional charges may apply.
There are a few pieces of paperwork that must be signed upon delivery, and the driver must know where to place the container. We cannot deliver the container without these items completed, but you may do so via fax or email. Once completed, you do not need to be onsite for the container to be delivered.
13. WILL I BE BILLED FOR EXTRA WEIGHT?
Yes, if your tonnage goes over the tons included in your contract, you will be charged for the additional weight.
14. WHAT DOES THE PRICE INCLUDE?
The price includes one-time delivery and pick up for a selected container size, as well as a set number of tons for disposal. Fuel and environmentally fees and tax will be added on.
15. WHAT IS THE "FUEL/ENVIRONMENTAL CHARGE" SHOWN ON MY BILL?
Contento’s makes every effort to control costs, and rarely raises prices. However, the rising cost of fuel and costs related to environmental compliance are things we cannot control. Our fuel and environmental fees help us cover these rising costs.