Robust Recycling in Central New York
Contento Recycling operates Central New York’s only construction and demolition debris (C&D) recycling center. It accepts unprocessed C&D as defined by NYS DEC regulations (6 NYCRR 360.2).
C&D includes, uncontaminated solid waste resulting from the construction, remodeling, repair and demolition of utilities, structures and roads; and uncontaminated solid waste resulting from land clearing. Such waste includes, but is not limited to:
- Bricks, Concrete, and Other Masonry Materials
- Soil and Rock
- Wood including painted, treated and coated wood products
- Land Clearing Debris
- Wall Coverings, Plaster, Drywall, Plumbing Fixtures, Non-Asbestos Insulation
- Asphaltic Pavement
- Plastics that are not sealed in a manner that conceals other wastes
- Empty Buckets 10 gallons or less in size and having no more than one inch of residue remaining on the bottom
- Electrical Wiring and Components containing no hazardous liquids, and pipe and metals that are incidental to any of the above
UNCONTAMINATED C&D DEBRIS
Contento Recycling facility is open Monday-Friday 7:00 am-3:30 pm at 119 ½ Pendleton Street, Cortland NY, 13045. Uncontaminated C&D will be accepted at the following rates:
- Cortland County – $125.00 per ton
- Out of County – $90.00 per ton
- Minimum Charge Per Disposal – $40.00
- Contento’s recycles clean (unpainted, non-pressure treated wood) Pallets, dimensional lumber, green waste.
- Products we can make from c&d wood: mulch, animal bedding, boiler fuel, compost.
- Mobile grinding services available for land clearing projects and c&d wood.
- Contento’s recycles pre-consumer gypsum wallboard. The clean gypsum wallboard is collected separately than the mixed c&d and is processed into a soil amendment product for local agricultural use.
Are subject to additional charges and penalties. Contento Recycling reserves the right to refuse any loads with any amount of contaminants or unacceptable materials.
- Municipal Solid Waste
- Any Asbestos Containing Materials
- TVs and Computer Monitors
- Car Tires: $10 per tire
- Heavy Duty Truck Tires (20′ or above): $30 per tire
**Liquid paint, hazardous materials, or other unacceptable waste are subject to a $200 penalty per occurrence, plus the cost of disposal.
**Dig out fee subject to a $25 charge